A program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to install, operate, maintain, and repair electric apparatus and systems such as residential, commercial, and industrial electric-power wiring; and DC and AC motors, controls, and electrical distribution panels. Includes instruction in the principles of electronics and electrical systems, wiring, power transmission, safety, industrial and household appliances, job estimation, electrical testing and inspection, and applicable codes and standards.
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction or extraction workers.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Install, program, maintain, or repair security or fire alarm wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Install, inspect, test, maintain, or repair electric gate crossings, signals, signal equipment, track switches, section lines, or intercommunications systems within a railroad system.