A program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, reconstruct and finish automobile bodies, fenders, and external features. Includes instruction in structure analysis, damage repair, non-structural analysis, mechanical and electrical components, plastics and adhesives, painting and refinishing techniques, and damage analysis and estimating.
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Repair and refinish automotive vehicle bodies and straighten vehicle frames.
- Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Replace or repair broken windshields and window glass in motor vehicles.
- Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Operate or tend painting machines to paint surfaces of transportation equipment, such as automobiles, buses, trucks, trains, boats, and airplanes. Includes painters in auto body repair facilities.