A program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to make repairs, and maintain timepieces, time-measuring devices, and jewelry items. Includes instruction in mechanical timekeeping systems, digital timekeeping systems, timesetting, casting, engraving, polishing, stonesetting, soldering, fine microscopic work, equipment and tool maintenance, redesign and restyling techniques, and customer relations.
- Watch Repairers
- Repair, clean, and adjust mechanisms of timing instruments, such as watches and clocks. Includes watchmakers, watch technicians, and mechanical timepiece repairers.
- Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Perform precision assembling, adjusting, or calibrating, within narrow tolerances, of timing devices such as digital clocks or timing devices with electrical or electronic components.
- Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Design, fabricate, adjust, repair, or appraise jewelry, gold, silver, other precious metals, or gems. Includes diamond polishers and gem cutters, and persons who perform precision casting and modeling of molds, casting metal in molds, or setting precious and semi-precious stones for jewelry and related products.