A program that prepares individuals for the independent professional practice of architecture and to conduct research in various aspects of the field. Includes instruction in architectural design, history, and theory; building structures and environmental systems; project and site planning; construction; professional responsibilities and standards; and related cultural, social, economic, and environmental issues.
- Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
- Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
- Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
- Architecture Teachers, Postsecondary
- Teach courses in architecture and architectural design, such as architectural environmental design, interior architecture/design, and landscape architecture. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.