A program that prepares individuals to apply technical skills and advanced computer software and hardware to the creation of graphic representations and simulations in support of engineering projects. Includes instruction in engineering graphics, two-dimensional and three-dimensional engineering design, solids modeling, engineering animation, computer-aided drafting (CAD), computer-aided design (CADD), and auto-CAD techniques.
- Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Prepare detailed drawings of architectural and structural features of buildings or drawings and topographical relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, and public works. Use knowledge of building materials, engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings.
- Electrical and Electronics Drafters
- Prepare wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, and layout drawings used for the manufacture, installation, or repair of electrical equipment.
- Mechanical Drafters
- Prepare detailed working diagrams of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
- Drafters, All Other
- All drafters not listed separately.