A program that prepares individuals to provide professional chef and related cooking services in restaurants and other commercial food establishments. Includes instruction in recipe and menu planning, preparing and cooking of foods, supervising and training kitchen assistants, the management of food supplies and kitchen resources, aesthetics of food presentation, and familiarity or mastery of a wide variety of cuisines and culinary techniques.
- Chefs and Head Cooks
- Direct and may participate in the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts.
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
- Cooks, Private Household
- Prepare meals in private homes. Includes personal chefs.
- Cooks, Restaurant
- Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
- Cooks, All Other
- All cooks not listed separately.