Bauder College says
Bauder College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career focused education, empowering students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
To accomplish its mission, Bauder College has established the following purposes:
- Provide programs leading to degrees, diplomas, and certificates which have been developed and assessed by faculty, staff, and members of the business and education communities.
- Provide intensive and comprehensive instruction that strengthens student academic achievement.
- Instill in its students the value of lifelong learning by stimulating intellectual curiosity, creative and critical thinking, and awareness of diversity.
- Plan and provide facilities and resources that respond to the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist students in developing professional attitudes, values, skills, and strategies that will enhance their potential for success in their careers and in life.
- Provide the community with individuals who can meet the ever-changing needs of business, government, and industry now and in the future.
Bauder College recognizes the worth and dignity of all people and is sensitive to the diversity of its student population. All students are encouraged to reach their potential within the framework of their individual needs, interests, and capabilities. The College employs instructional methods based on adult learning theory and is committed to the development of each student's intellectual, analytical, and critical thinking abilities. Teaching techniques encourage active student participation such as group discussions and projects, laboratory work, simulations, demonstrations, field trips, guest speakers, and lectures. A strong emphasis is placed on ethics, accountability, professionalism, and the individual's commitment to pursuing lifelong personal and professional development.
Bauder College believes that education should promote the development of positive self-esteem and, for that purpose, provides services that support student efforts to succeed academically, vocationally, and personally. These services include individual advising, academic tutoring, and assistance in locating needed social services.
In order to fulfill its mission, Bauder College strives to provide excellence in education by hiring well-prepared, experienced faculty and staff; by maintaining an updated facility that fosters educational growth in a pleasant and safe environment with appropriate classroom equipment, library facilities with internet access and computer labs; and by providing tutoring and advising services to help students successfully complete their programs of study.
Bauder College helps students reach their educational goals by teaching the communication skills necessary to work successfully with clients and other professionals, by offering courses that prepare them for a competitive job market, and by encouraging them to become involved in professional organizations that will promote their learning and professional skills.
Bauder College provides assistance to eligible graduated in obtaining employment. Students will attend classes, workshops, and advising sessions that teach and guide them through the process of securing and maintaining employment.