A program that focuses on professional, technical, business, and scientific writing; and that prepares individuals for academic positions or for professional careers as writers, editors, researchers, and related careers in business, government, non-profits, and the professions. Includes instruction in theories of rhetoric, writing, and digital literacy; document design, production, and management; visual rhetoric and multimedia composition; documentation development; usability testing; web writing; and publishing in print and electronic media.
- English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
- Teach courses in English language and literature, including linguistics and comparative literature. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
- Postsecondary Teachers, All Other
- All postsecondary teachers not listed separately.
- Plan, coordinate, or edit content of material for publication. May review proposals and drafts for possible publication. Includes technical editors.
- Technical Writers
- Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. May assist in layout work.
- Writers and Authors
- Originate and prepare written material, such as scripts, stories, advertisements, and other material.