A program that prepares individuals to plan, supervise, and manage food and beverage preparation and service operations, restaurant facilities, and catering services. Includes instruction in food/beverage industry operations, cost control, purchasing and storage, business administration, logistics, personnel management, culinary arts, restaurant and menu planning, executive chef functions, event planning and management, health and safety, insurance, and applicable law and regulations.
- Food Service Managers
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that serves food and beverages.
- Chefs and Head Cooks
- Direct and may participate in the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts.
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
- Cooks, Private Household
- Prepare meals in private homes. Includes personal chefs.