A program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to keep a building functioning, and to service a variety of structures including commercial and industrial buildings and mobile homes. Includes instruction in the basic maintenance and repair skills required to service building systems, such as air conditioning, heating, plumbing, electrical, major appliances, and other mechanical systems.
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- Directly supervise and coordinate work activities of cleaning personnel in hotels, hospitals, offices, and other establishments.
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction or extraction workers.
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; boiler making; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.