A program that generally prepares individuals to cut, trim, and style scalp, facial, and body hair; apply cosmetic preparations; perform manicures and pedicures; massage the head and extremities; and prepare for practice as licensed cosmetologists in specialized or full-service salons. Includes instruction in hair cutting and styling, manicuring, pedicuring, facial treatments, shampooing, chemical applications, esthetics, shop management, sanitation and safety, customer service, and applicable professional and labor laws and regulations.
- Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
- Provide beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and massaging and treating scalp. May apply makeup, dress wigs, perform hair removal, and provide nail and skin care services.
- Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
- Apply makeup to performers to reflect period, setting, and situation of their role.
- Manicurists and Pedicurists
- Clean and shape customers' fingernails and toenails. May polish or decorate nails.
- Skincare Specialists
- Provide skincare treatments to face and body to enhance an individual's appearance. Includes electrologists and laser hair removal specialists.