Graduates Last Year: 19
Description: A program that focuses on the application of the biological sciences, biochemistry, and genetics to the preparation of new and enhanced agricultural, environmental, clinical, and industrial products, including the commercial exploitation of microbes, plants, and animals. Includes instruction in bioinformatics, gene identification, phylogenetics and comparative genomics, bioinorganic chemistry, immunoassaying, DNA sequencing, xenotransplantation, genetic engineering, industrial microbiology, drug and biologic development, enzyme-based production processes, patent law, biotechnology management and marketing, applicable regulations, and biotechnology ethics.
- Natural Sciences Managers
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
- Biological Scientists, All Other
- All biological scientists not listed separately.
- Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Teach courses in biological sciences. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.