Main Profile

At A Glance

WMAP shape of the universe

According to data received from the WMAP (Wilkinson Microwave Anistropy Probe), the shape of the universe is 'flat' (as opposed to 'open' or 'closed') as the microwaves from the first light received are not distorted. If the universe is flat (and because luminous & dark matter only constitute 27% of the critical density) a dark energy is postulated to make up the remaining 73% of the critical density. Source- http://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_or/mr_media2.html More info/explanation of dark energy- http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=120129993&blogID=336082867&Mytoken=13240BCA-D6D4-41A1-9331B8E7BC532C4520933473
Length: 00:37

Contact

Questions about WMAP shape of the universe

Want more info about WMAP shape of the universe? Get free advice from education experts and Noodle community members.

  • Answer

Ask a New Question