What do you need to attend the master in Mechanical Engineering program? Can I take English language courses in January of 2016?

I am an international student. I live in Dearborn,MI.


Michael Schoch, Answers questions on Noodle

User avatar for Michael Schoch

The University of Detroit Mercy has a page that lists the admission requirements for the Master of Mechanical Engineering program. Most students will be required to have, at the minimum, an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. High scores on the GRE are not required, but helpful to your application. As an international student, you will be asked to take the TOEFL.

English as a Second Language (ESL) courses are available through the University of Detroit's Language and Cultural Training Department. Courses are available in fall, winter and summer terms, so you may be able to take classes in January. The school suggests that you call 313-993-1191 to learn more about what class is right for you.

Applying to graduate schools is difficult and doing so as an international student is even harder! If you get overwhelmed at any other point in the admissions process, feel free to write back with a follow up question! Best of luck!

Your Answer