How do I enroll a child and what are the requirements?


Will Carington, works for Noodle

User avatar for Will Carington

An overview of registration requirements, etc., can be found on the Loudon County Public Schools (LCPS) registration information page. If you're transferring your child from a different Loudon County school, all you'll need to submit is a change of address form and a new proof of address. If you're transferring from outside the school district, you will be required to submit the following documents:

  • Completed registration form
  • Birth certificate or notarized affidavit
  • Parent/guardian photo ID
  • Proof of primary residence (e.g. signed deed, signed lease, settlement papers, recent mortgage statement, notarized shared housing document)
  • Physical/immunization form

To find out whether you live in the attendance zone for Smart's Mill Middle School, call the LCPS Planning Department at 571-252-1050 or use the LCPS School Boundary Locator. To request special permission to attend a school outside your attendance zone, submit an online application or contact the LCPS Department of Pupil Services at 571-252-1200.

Hope this helps!

Your Answer