Does the Living Stones Christian School offer services to kids with learning disabilities or have a department for special ed?


Jules Csillag, learning specialist & speech-language pathologist

User avatar for Jules Csillag

Will Carington is right that Living Stones Christian School does not appear to have a department for special education, or any staff whose job is solely to provide support services. However, all students are eligible for Free And Public Education (FAPE), thus even students who attend non-public schools are eligible for the services listed in this article about what public schools are required to provide. Even if your child attends a non-public school, you can still begin the Individualized Education Plan ("IEP") process with your local school district, and if your child is eligible for special education services, they may qualify to see a speech language pathologist, an occupational therapist, a physical therapist, or a special education teacher at your home, at their school, or at a clinic. Depending on your child's needs, you may also want to consider whether inclusion or special education is the better fit for your child.

Yahoo Tech Support, Educator, Support Executive

User avatar for Yahoo Tech Support

Nice question, With the opinion of Yahoo Tech Support it is very effective for the children, must apply this process. It helps to find a school and other kinds of educational institutions.

Will Carington, works for Noodle

User avatar for Will Carington

Unfortunately, Living Stones Christian School does not have a special education program or special services for students with learning disabilities.

To find schools near you that do, I'd recommend setting up a Noodle search for schools in your area and filtering by "special needs" in the Characteristics section. If you don't get any results, try contacting your local public school district or other local private schools to see what services and programs they offer. You might also find it helpful to browse Noodle's resources on finding a school, special education, and learning disabilities.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Your Answer