what do I need to enroll my child into this school?


Anonymous, Did some research

Kindergarten registration for Pimlico Elementary school opens in the spring and takes place at the school.

Current City Schools students can transfer to a new school in these circumstances:

When students in kindergarten to grade 5 move to a new neighborhood in Baltimore City, they may transfer to the new neighborhood school. Parents/guardians should speak with the office staff at the old school prior to the move, or visit the new school's office. Documentation of new address is required to complete the transfer.

If the neighborhood elementary school also serves middle grades, students in grades 6 to 8 can also transfer to that school. Documentation of address is required to complete the transfer.

Students at any grade level who are experiencing homelessness are entitled to special services and may be eligible to transfer schools.

Current students can also transfer to a new school at the beginning of their 6th- or 9th-grade year by participating in the middle and high school choice process.

To request a transfer for reasons other than those listed above, complete a Student Enrollment/Transfer Application (en español) and bring it with proof of residence and all other required documentation (see the application form and explanations below) to Room 106, 200 E. North Avenue, Baltimore 21202 (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Transfers are approved or denied based on circumstances and availability of space at requested schools. While a transfer may be requested at any time, if it is approved, it may not take effect until a change in semester, depending on the date in the school year and the reason for the request. High school transfers can only occur once during the high school years, and must take place between grades.

If a transfer is approved, a placement letter is sent by mail. The student's previous school should provide a Maryland State Withdrawal Packet. This packet, along with the placement letter, should be brought to the new school.

Additional documentation required for consideration of school transfer in special circumstances:

Medical hardship. Statement on official letterhead from the student’s doctor or medical provider stating that the student’s current school does not meet the student’s medical needs.

Childcare hardship (for elementary school only, to request a transfer to a school closer to the parent/guardian workplace or a caretaker's address). Statement from an employer on official letterhead stating why a school close to this location is needed; acceptance letter from a daycare, on daycare letterhead; and/or an address verification form completed by the caretaker along with two proofs of the caretaker’s residency.

All the necessary forms for transfer can be found at Baltimore City Schools Transfer page

Your Answer