My girl is going into 2nd Grade. We entered the U.S. with a "visitor visa" and we've applied to get a green card, but haven't got it yet. Is it possible to apply for my daughter at your school before we get a change of visa status? What are the application deadlines and documents for application?


Alister Doyle, Noodle Advisor

User avatar for Alister Doyle

You should probably contact the Corpus Christi ISD to make sure this is your home school. Their number is 361-695-7200. If it is your home school the visitor visa shouldn't be an issue. You will just need to bring in the following required documents to the campus:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Student's Current Immunization Records
  • Proof of Residence (current utility bill, rent receipt, tax receipt, lease agreement with parent/guardian's name and address).
  • Recent school records and/or report card

The school normally requires a Social Security Card as well but if you don't have one of these the district will assign you a unique identification number instead.

Anonymous, I am an immigrant

My advice is to contact an immigration attorney. Good luck!

Your Answer