Asked about: London Elementary

My girl is going into 2nd Grade. We entered the U.S. with a "visitor visa" and we've applied to get a green card, but haven't got it yet. Is it possible to apply for my daughter at your school before we get a change of visa status? What are the application deadlines and documents for application?


Alister Doyle, Noodle Advisor

User avatar for Alister Doyle

If you live in the district and can give the school proof of residence, they can take the visitor visa for now until the green card arrives. There is no deadline to enroll if you live in the district but you will need the following documents:

  • Proof of Child’s Identity and age
  • Birth Certificate
  • Social security number
  • Proof of residency (one of the following)
  • Home or apartment lease agreement
  • Recently paid utility bill with correct name of London address of parent or guardian
  • Report card or transcript from last school attended
  • Withdrawal sheet from previous school establishing clear record (if enrolling during school year)

I hope that helps and if you have any other questions you should contact Alex Martinez at the London ISD. His number is 361-855-0092 and his email address is

Your Answer