Does this school offer a special needs program?


Will Carington, works for Noodle

User avatar for Will Carington

While Salem Lutheran School doesn't appear to have a department or staff person solely devoted to special education, all students, regardless of whether they attend public or private school, are eligible for Free And Public Education (FAPE), and thus eligible for the services listed in this article about what public schools are required to provide.

Even if your child attends a non-public school, you can still begin the Individualized Education Plan ("IEP") process with your local school district, and if your child is eligible for special education services, they may qualify to see a speech language pathologist, an occupational therapist, a physical therapist, or a special education teacher at your home, at their school, or at a clinic. Depending on your child's needs, you may also want to consider whether inclusion or special education is the better fit for your child.

To find schools near you that specialize in special education, try setting up a Noodle search for schools in your area and filtering by "special needs" in the Characteristics section. You might also find it helpful to browse Noodle's resources on finding a school, special education, and learning disabilities.

To contact Salem Lutheran School, call 414-353-8190. To reach the Milwaukee Public Schools Specialized Services Program, call 414-475-8008.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Your Answer