Top Ten Things I learned from Ohio State
- Work hard, play hard - Doing well in school is important and should be your primary focus. However, you should make sure to have fun too.
- Get to know your professors - if you need a letter of recommendation or on the border between a B+ and an A- for the class, it will pay off.
- Get season tickets to football and basketball games. Go to the games.
- The name of our chief rival isn't Michigan or the University of Michigan or U of M. It is the Team Up North.
- Stay healthy and active - workout regularly, visit the doctor, visit the dentist, etc.
- Don't head for home on the weekends all the time. Stick around campus.
- Try new things - take a class that you are interested in but isn't necessarily in your area of study (e.g. Scuba Diving). Join a club. Talk to someone from a different culture.
- Friends - it is likely that some of your friends from freshman year will be your friends for life. Choose wisely.
- Spouse - Who knows, you may even find your future spouse on campus so be on your best behavior.
- Finish what you start. The goal is to graduate and get a good job or move on to graduate school. Always keep that in mind.