My son is in Kindergarten in Mattos Fremont, California . We are relocating to Cary, North Carolina (27519 ) on October 2nd. Do I need to initiate the admission process before reaching Cary?


Michael Schoch, Answers questions on Noodle

User avatar for Michael Schoch

It looks like Mills Park Elementary is currently filled to capacity, so your son may have to attend either Weatherstone Elementary or Turner Creek Elementary for the remainder of the school year.

You can read the registration and enrollment requirements on this page. You can't begin the process until you have closed on a property or signed a lease agreement within the attendance zone. Once you do this, you'll need to go to Mills Park with the following:

A birth certificate

Proof of residence

A photo ID of the parent or guardian

Immunization records for your child

More information about kindergarten registration specifically, is available on a separate page of the school's website. If you have any questions feel free to call the school at 919-466-1466.

Good luck!

Your Answer