Will Carington, works for Noodle
Yes, in order to apply to any Metro Nashville Public Schools Pre-K program, your child must be 4 years old by August 15.
Applying for pre-k is a three step process. You can find a thorough outline on the Metro Nashville Public Schools Early Childhood Education website. The first step is to choose a program and determine whether you meet the eligibility requirements. You will then need to gather the necessary documentation, listed below:
- Birth certificate showing your child will be age 4 by August 15.
- Up-to-date immunization record on a Tennessee Certificate.
- Proof of having completed a physical within 12 months of school starting.
- Proof of Davidson County Residency (utility bill, telephone bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- Proof of income, such as a 1040, 1040A, W2, Family's First Case Number (documentation from government), Food Stamps, etc.
The final step is to submit your documents at the school where you wish to apply. Each school will provide an application packet containing forms to submit along with your child's documentation. The school will also schedule a time to administer a pre-k assessment with your child. Families will receive notification of enrollment status in May.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact the school district's Early Childhood Education office at 615-259-4636 or Norman Binkley Elementary at 615-333-5037. Hope this helps!