I have had my Baccalaureate degree with a score of 98.14 % since 2011 from Syria and I'm looking if I can have a scholarship at the university?


Alister Doyle, Noodle Advisor

User avatar for Alister Doyle

Well, the good news is that according to the school's website, approximately 80% of international graduate students receive graduate assistantships from academic departments. To do this, you will need to follow the Institutional Methodology to Calculate Financial Need for Non-FAFSA Eligible Students which allows international students to be considered for need-based scholarships.

You will need to complete and submit the application to the Financial Aid Office between January 1 and March 1 and if you have any other questions you should contact the Office of International Students and Scholars; their email is oiss@unr.edu and their phone number is 1-775-784-6874.

Jillian Youngblood, Director of Communications, Noodle

User avatar for Jillian Youngblood

Check out Noodle's topics page on studying in the U.S.A. as an international student. It features advice about what to look for in a school overseas and other questions commonly asked by students like yourself.

For your concern, I recommend that you read the article by a professional admissions counselor, Dr. Katherine Cohen. She has some tips for international students applying to American universities, and you'll find further details about scholarships and the financial aid application process in the U.S.

Your Answer