St. Marys School has been an integral part of our community for over 120 years. We celebrated our centennial in 1982-83. The first school was in the basement of the old church. The church was downtown in the area of Dr. Meachams office. The first Sisters came from came from Manitowoc in 1882 and in 1894 the La Crosse Franciscans came to teach and still do so today. St. Marys School was formerly called St. Joseph School and it had a High School connected with it. It closed in 1936 when a fire destroyed the first school. The school was rebuilt in 1937. In 1961 the new addition was built, and in 1986 the newest addition was built.
Private schools, including parochial and boarding, are funded through tuition and fees. The cost varies from school to school, but most families pay tuition to attend them. Many private schools offer financial aid or discounts, so it's worthwhile to ask about these options.
St. Mary School's
enrollment profile may offer insights into student retention rates, local population changes, real estate costs, and the accessibility of alternative educational options.
to find out more about the specific factors influencing St. Mary School's enrollment numbers.