Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School (NDCL) is a Catholic co-educational college preparatory school located in Geauga County. In 1963, Notre Dame Academy, an all-girls high school founded in Cleveland in 1878 under the direction of the Sisters of Notre Dame, relocated to Geauga County. Beginning in 1916, the Marianists educated young men at Cathedral Latin School in the University Circle area of Cleveland until it closed its doors in 1979.
In 1988, the Sisters of Notre Dame, Inc. and the Cathedral Latin Alumni Association, Inc. signed an affiliation agreement in order to join the two long-standing educational traditions. The newly-formed co-ed institution was aptly named Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School.
In 2003, Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School separately incorporated and initiated the sponsorship model of governance. As a school sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame, NDCL moves into the future of secondary education on solid ground. The sponsorship ensures that NDCL will continue on a path that was carefully shaped by the educational vision and mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame. They are responsible for ensuring the school's fidelity to its Catholic identity and mission.
The twenty-three member NDCL Board of Directors is a governing Board that makes policy and assumes all fiduciary and other responsibilities customarily carried out by such Boards. Their professional expertise provides oversight and direction in internal budget controls, investments, building and grounds, advancement efforts and strategic planning. Fully realizing that decisions made today will affect its students well into the future, they adhere to a strategic plan which is critical to carrying out its mission of educating leaders who will transform the world by living the truth in love.