Saint Timothy Parish, one of 67 parishes established by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia under the 33 year leadership of His Eminence Dennis Cardinal Daugherty, came to be on October 16, 1928. The Cardinal appointed Father Thomas Brady to be our first rector. Two Sisters of St. Joseph, Sister Mary Clotilda and Sister Rita Mary, were the first faculty who welcomed forty-nine children in September, 1929, in a converted delicatessen at Sackett and Marimar (now Barnett) Streets for the first four grades. Saint Timothy School is a Roman Catholic Christian Educational Community accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges in 1987 and again in 1998. St. Timothy will complete the Middle States re-accreditation process in the fall of 2008. Education at Saint Timothy is the total integration of Christian living and academic pursuit to develop the whole child. We are dedicated to the three-fold goals of Catholic Education: Message, Community, and Service We, the community of St. Timothy School, proclaim the Good News of Jesus. We work to create a Catholic School permeated with the Gospel spirit of love, responsibility, and mutual respect. This spirit is nurtured through prayer, worship, service, and the education of the whole child. In our daily encounters with one another, we strive to love others as God loves us.