Main Profile

At A Glance

The Montessori School of Washington Park

The Montessori School of Washington Park is a coeducational private montessori school for students in grades Pre-K through Kindergarten.

Institution Type: Private Setting: Urban

Contact

The Montessori School of Washington Park's Full Profile

Overview

Overview

The Montessori School of Washington Park says

Is Day Care your issue? Education is ours.Montessori School of Washington Park.Why choose Montessori over the other Preschool options you have? With a pedagogy that focuses on freedom of choice, personal connection and collaboration; Montessori fits the definition of 21st century education. ChoiceIntegration of subjectsExperimental learningGuided discoveryTeachers as observerUninterrupted workcycleDifferentiated follow-up workPersonal ConnectionParent involvementRisk-taking (learning through mistakes)Freedom of movementAuthentic assessmentCollaborative learning Peer to peer mentoringPeer teachingOpen (multi-age) lesson policyHorizontal curriculum.Why chose the Montessori School of Washington Park over other Montessori Schools?Founded in 1975Qualistar rated programLow staff turnover (some of our teachers have been here 17 years!)Experienced, educated, well trained, consistent staff membersGreat location; close to downtownAuthentic Montessori practiced hereLow student to teacher ratiosWe set the bar high, for our students, staff & parents.Join us for a tour to see our facility and meet the staff- call 303-722-7708.Immediate openings!Maria Montessori recognized that children are the teachers of humanity, that young people, with their ideals and lack of attachment to tradition, can lead the way to a more human existence.Join us in this journey! Founded in 1975, the Montessori School of Washington Park offers a tremendous experiential learning environment for children ages 3 to 6. Through exploration and observation, children are encouraged to grow and develop socially, emotionally, and academically at their own paces. Children learn through modeling and experimentation, aided by materials that provoke thought, bolster confidence, and encourage awareness. At the Montessori School of Washington Park, the child is the center of the classroom experience. As mentors, guides, and teachers, we seek to provide opportunities to nurture confidence and competence, to foster the child's love of learning and assist in development of a positive self image. We offer a safe, stimulating, and supportive environment in which children may grow and develop into responsible, contributing citizens of the world. The Preschool Program is an independent tax-exempt organization, who's Board and Advisors are appointed by Denver's Mayor and approved by the Denver City Council to oversee the Program and expenditures. No more than 5% of the tax revenues can be spent on administrative expenses with the other 95% to be used for tuition credits on behalf of the children in the program, outreach to parents and assistance with preschool enrollment, technical assistance and grants to preschool providers to help them improve the quality of their program, and evaluation of the Denver Preschool Program. DPP participants receive tuition credits on a sliding scale.

Finance

Finance

Private schools, including parochial and boarding, are funded through tuition and fees. The cost varies from school to school, but most families pay tuition to attend them. Many private schools offer financial aid or discounts, so it's worthwhile to ask about these options.

Admissions

Admissions
Phone
  (303) 722-7708
Email
  lisa@mswp.org

Students and Faculty

Students and Faculty

Enrollment Data

Total Enrollment 60
Enrollment By Grade
Grade Number of Students
Pre-K 50
Kindergarten 10

The Montessori School of Washington Park's relatively variable enrollment profile may offer insights into student retention rates, local population changes, real estate costs, and the accessibility of alternative educational options. to find out more about the specific factors influencing The Montessori School of Washington Park's enrollment numbers.

Student Teacher Ratio 1 : 1
Gender 8% Male / 92% Female
Student Diversity
Percentage of Student Body
White 17%

Associations & Memberships

Other Montessori associations

Questions about The Montessori School of Washington Park

Want more info about The Montessori School of Washington Park? Get free advice from education experts and Noodle community members.

  • Answer