Main Profile

At A Glance

St. Joseph School

St. Joseph School is a coeducational private Catholic traditional school for students in grades Pre-K through 8.

Institution Type: Private Setting: Small City

Contact

St. Joseph School's Full Profile

Overview

Overview

St. Joseph School says

Saint Joseph School was established in 1883 by the Daughters of Charity from Emmitsburg, Maryland. For the past 129 years, Saint Joseph School has been providing a faith-filled education to generations of students. Our school is located in the center of Martinsburg, West Virginia, a micropolitan community of the Washington, D.C. metro area. Saint Joseph School, the only Catholic school in the Eastern Panhandle, serves four Catholic parishes in the 530 sq. miles of the Eastern Panhandle and is one of thirty-two schools in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, West Virginia. Currently, Saint Joseph School serves over three hundred students in grades Pre-Kindergarten 3.5 through Eighth grade. About 11% of our graduates attend Catholic High School and the remaining 89% attend local public high schools. Our Mission: Saint Joseph School educates the young in the spirit of the Gospel stressing Catholic values, inspiring academic excellence, global awareness, and service to those in need.

Finance

Finance

Private schools, including parochial and boarding, are funded through tuition and fees. The cost varies from school to school, but most families pay tuition to attend them. Many private schools offer financial aid or discounts, so it's worthwhile to ask about these options.

Admissions

Admissions
Phone
  (304) 267-6447
Email
  krichards@stjosephparishschool.us

Students and Faculty

Students and Faculty

Enrollment Data

Total Enrollment 306
Enrollment By Grade
Grade Number of Students
Pre-K 25
Kindergarten 42
1 28
2 39
3 38
4 24
5 29
6 28
7 19
8 34

St. Joseph School's relatively even enrollment profile may offer insights into student retention rates, local population changes, real estate costs, and the accessibility of alternative educational options. to find out more about the specific factors influencing St. Joseph School's enrollment numbers.

Student Teacher Ratio 15 : 1
Gender 41% Male / 59% Female
Student Diversity
Percentage of Student Body
White 78%
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander 0%
Multi-racial 1%
Hispanic/Latino 6%
Black or African American 3%
Asian 5%

Extracurriculars

  • Basketball
  • Cheerleading
  • Cross Country
  • Soccer
  • Basketball
  • Cheerleading
  • Cross Country
  • Soccer

Associations & Memberships

Questions about St. Joseph School

Want more info about St. Joseph School? Get free advice from education experts and Noodle community members.

  • Answer