Saint Columbkille, a PreK-8 Catholic school in Allston-Brighton, capitalizes on the resources of a unique partnership with the Archdiocese of Boston, Boston College, and St. Columbkille Parish to offer a rigorous and comprehensive education rooted in Gospel teaching and committed to Catholic educational and religious traditions. We strive to develop the whole child – intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, socially, and physically – in order to prepare graduates to live lives of faith, service, and leadership for the greater glory of God and the betterment of society.
We enable all students to acquire the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to fulfill their potential, preparing them for success in challenging secondary school programs.
Saint Columbkille students will:
- Learn the key teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church and understand how the Gospel values guide a life of faith, justice, and service to others – especially the less fortunate
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and the arts
- Experience a learning environment that emphasizes inquiry, independence, and self-discovery
- Develop an understanding of and respect for others, especially for classmates and peers whose background and perspectives are different from their own
- Live a lifestyle that emphasizes the importance of physical activity, wellness, and healthy development