Our comprehensive academic plan focuses on proven, time-tested educational practices that nourish academic potential and create positive, life-changing opportunities. Our plan includes:
- Foundational teaching protocols, including essential questions, vocabulary and daily assessments
- Differentiated instruction, with students divided into small groups according to their abilities, receiving tailored instruction
- Emphasis on writing mastery, problem solving, critical thinking and high-order reasoning
- Identifying continued growth opportunities
- Measurement of each student’s academic growth
- Consistent feedback and collaboration with parents, including student-led parent/teacher conferences
As a result of this outcome-oriented approach, Village School students are prepared for entry into their top choice college or university and equipped for success in the 21st century.
Our goal is to ignite the full academic potential of every student.
We use a “whole child” approach that promotes intellectual, emotional and social growth, while emphasizing problem solving, critical thinking and high-order reasoning. To that end, our teachers work with every student to develop a Personal Learning Plan (PLP).
This goal-setting process engages students in their own development and encourages them to take ownership of their decisions and actions.