Hi, so my daughter and I just arrived here in the US about 9 months ago from the Philippines. And from Hawaii we transferred here to OKC. The thing is, my child doesn't have her certificate of citizenship/proof of citizenship but she does have an alien card/green card (proof of residency). Is she allowed to enroll? Thank you.


Will Carington, works for Noodle

User avatar for Will Carington

Since Parkview Elementary School is a public school, your daughter will be able to enroll regardless of her immigration status as long as you can provide proof of residency within the school's attendance zone. Detailed enrollment instructions can be found on the Mid-Del School District website.

Required documentation for registration will include:

  • Your ID
  • Your child's birth certificate or other government-issued ID
  • Proof of residency (e.g. a lease agreement, mortgage statement, utility bill)
  • Your child's immunization records

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact the Mid-Del School District at 405-737-4461 or Parkview Elementary at 405-671-8670. You might also find it helpful to consult the US Department of Education's information on educational services for immigrant children and those recently arrived to the US, which explains that under federal law, states and local educational agencies are obligated to provide all children – regardless of immigration status – with equal access to public education at the elementary and secondary level.

Hope this helps!

Your Answer