If I move to Fairbanks, how long does it take to get the local resident fee amount?


Will Carington, works for Noodle

User avatar for Will Carington

According to the University of Alaska Fairbanks' website, students must have lived in Alaska for at least two years in order to qualify for in-state tuition. However, there are a number of exceptions. For example, in-state tuition may be granted to military personnel and their dependents, dependent children of Alaska residents, or students from other states or provinces whose public universities waive nonresident tuition surcharges for Alaska residents.

For a complete overview of the policy, visit the university's tuition and fees page. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions or the University Registrar.

Hope this helps!

Your Answer