Mara (Ravitz) Koffmann, Learning Specialist and Owner of Smarten Up
I'm not sure how old your students are, but I like this one to reinforce the cardinal directions ...
- Before beginning, make sure that students know where North, South, East and West are in the classroom
- One student stands in the middle of the room with his/her eyes closed
- The rest of the students must quietly move to a spot in the classroom that coordinates with one of the cardinal directions.
- The student with his/her eyes closed then calls out a direction where they heard students move. The kids in that space are then out.
- Play continues in the same way, and the group becomes smaller and smaller until there is a single winner left.