How do I go about enrolling my 3 year old for preschool?


Tracy Jennings, Works at Noodle and here to help!

User avatar for Tracy Jennings

We understand that's a big enough challenge to find the right preschool for your child, and Noodle is also here to help you manage the enrollment process. First, read our expert article about enrolling your child in school. It will give you a sense of what questions you should ask and what materials you need to enroll your child.

The main period for enrollment for students starting school in the fall is early spring, and the Frederick County Public Schools website has a page dedicated to new student enrollment. It says that enrollment begins in March.

In Frederick County, schools require a proof of age/identity in the form of one of the following: birth certificate physician's certificate hospital certificate baptismal or church certification parent's affidavit passport/visa

Public schools also require proof of residence within that school district. These are the documents you can use: property tax bill rental bill * utility bill (gas, electric, water)

In addition to the documents mentioned above, children need to have records of their vaccinations and might need to be immunized against particular diseases. At certain times, schools may ask to see records from vision / dental check-ups.

To register your child at Waverley, you'll need to visit the office in person to complete the enrollment form. If you have any questions, you can call the Student Services Office at (301) 644-5238.

Your Answer