I am looking for a good school for a non-verbal 12 year old boy with autism. In particular, I am interested in a VERY safe environment with QUALITY speech therapy. Can you help?


Michael Schoch, Answers questions on Noodle

User avatar for Michael Schoch

If you'd like to get in touch with New Bridge Middle School directly about its student services and special education, you can call it at (910) 346-5144.

Onslow County School District does have two autism specialists. To speak with them or to learn more, email Kerri Yancey at kerri.yancey@onslow.k12.nc.us.

There are plenty of other schools in Jacksonville, if New Bridge doesn't offer the services you need. You might also want to check out the May Center for Autism Spectrum Disorder which, though not a school, offers a range of services and activities.

On a more general level, try reading some of these articles and answers on autism; maybe they'll offer insights into the school selection process, or at least they'll let you read about parents who have had similar experiences to your own.

Best of luck finding the right school for you. It's an understandably overwhelming task, so if you want to ask more questions on Noodle, go right on ahead!

Your Answer