If I have a child that is not performing, is suppose to be in IEP but has not received any support and has been switched to 3 different teachers in both k garten and now first grade, how can I rectify the situation?


Abby Garcia, Abby- Resident Noodle Expert

User avatar for Abby Garcia

Hello there! Sorry to hear that you have been facing some troubles with the school your child is in. Here is the Atlanta Public School's website; it can give you more insight on what the school should be offering. In addition to that information, please call the Atlanta Public Schools Department of Special Education's phone number at 404 802-2602 in order to get more detailed information on what you should do next.

Take a look at this document, a note from the Atlanta Public Schools "Program for Exceptional Children". It can give you more information regarding testing your child, procedures and rights,

Here is a helpful article on advocacy on Individualized Education Programs in schools: click here.

Your Answer