Asked about: Sweetwater School

When is the best time to enroll my 6th grader? Should I do it now or wait for the new school year?


Abby Garcia, Abby- Resident Noodle Expert

User avatar for Abby Garcia

Hello there! Here is the Sweetwater School Enrollment Information website. You can find everything you need there.

Below is their registration guide:

Located west of Cholla Middle School at 3200 W. Cholla, parents can now make one stop to register their children for school in the Washington Elementary School District. Parking is available in the lot west of Cholla Middle School for the convenience of parents registering their children for any of WESD's 32 schools. The center is open Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (On Wednesdays, the center is closed from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.) From May 22 through June 28, the hours will be 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 .p.m, closed from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. Call 602-896-6950 for more information.

The centralized location eliminates the need for families to go to each child's school to register. The Welcome and Registration Center offers extended daily hours, is open during select school breaks, and has a bilingual staff who provide individualized attention during the registration process. Students who need to be registered include:

Students new to the Washington Elementary School District Students who have moved from one WESD school's boundaries to another WESD school's boundaries Children must be 5 years old before September 1, 2013 to be registered for kindergarten. Children must turn 6 years old before September 1, 2013 to be registered for first grade.

Parents should remember to bring with them:

A certified copy of the child's birth certificate Immunization records Proof of residence (e.g. lease agreement, escrow papers, recent utility bill) Legal papers regarding custody, if applicable Registration Packet (click) If you are planning to move in the near future, please contact your current school office. If your child will still be attending a school in the Washington District, his or her records can be transferred to the new school after the registration process has been completed at the Welcome and Registration Center.

Good luck with the enrollment process!

Your Answer