Can you help me find a day care facility for my 3 year-old son who has Noonan Syndrome and uses a gastrostomy tube.


Abbie Mood, Special Education Early Interventionist & Freelance Writer

User avatar for Abbie Mood

If your child has a medical diagnosis, he should be able to attend preschool through your local school district. I would call them (ask for the Special Education department) and talk to them about your child's diagnosis and needs. If you prefer to go with a private preschool, I would make sure they are able to accommodate your son's needs. Visit the preschool and ask lots of questions about how they would work with him and everything involved in having a g tube.

Michael Schoch, Noodle Intern

User avatar for Michael Schoch

Unfortunately, without knowing your address, I can't point you towards specific schools.

My best general recommendation is to first use Noodle's Preschool Finder to search for school's according to your need and price range.

Another option is to call your local school district to inquire about its preschool options. Many districts offer free preschool programs for children with special needs. Similarly, you might search for schools that have a section 504 plan which is designed to assist children who do not qualify for a conventional special needs program, but who suffer from a condition that has a major impact on their daily life.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to ask a follow up question if there's something else you'd like to know.

Your Answer