Did some research,
The Moore Traditional School Dress Code for 2012-2013
- Uniform shirts must be collared, cotton knit, golf-style shirts or collared cotton/oxford-cloth dress shirts.
- Moore hoodies are allowed.
- Shirts must be worn in solid colors— (Middle School – white, light blue or royal blue; High School – white, navy blue or gray).
- Only solid-colored, long-/short-sleeved undershirts/turtlenecks may be worn under uniform shirts.
- Shirts must be long enough to remain tucked in at all times. No zippers are allowed. Buttons on shirts must be buttoned above the chest. Pants/Slacks
- Uniform-style pant/slacks/capris with inside pockets are allowed; only solid colors—black, tan, or navy are allowed.
- Pants/Slacks must be cotton/permanent press. No spandex, nylon, no sweatsuits, and no denim fabrics of any color are allowed.
- Belts must be worn through belts loops and buckled. A drawstring is not a belt.
- Pants/Slacks must be worn at waist level. Shorts/Skirts
- Style: Skirts or shorts can be worn no shorter than three inches above the kneecap. No denim and no spandex are allowed. Only solid colors--black, tan, or navy--are allowed.
- Skirts must be worn at the waist.
- Uniform-style shorts with inside pockets are allowed.
- Style: Waist-length pullovers with banded bottoms are allowed. No logos are allowed, except the Moore logo or the JCPS logo.
- Sweaters/Sweatshirts (fleece) must be worn over a regular uniform shirt.
- Only solid colors— (High School – white, navy blue or gray; Middle School – white, light blue or royal blue) are allowed.
- No zippers, buttons, or hoods are allowed (except those with the Moore logo). No nylon tops are permitted.
- Any type of shoe may be worn, with exception of open toed, open backed, sandals, flipflops, shower shoes, or any thong-type shoe. Shoes with eyelets must be laced and tied.
- Shoes must be worn.
- No house slippers.
- Students not wearing spirit attire must be in regular uniforms.
- Students may wear Moore team shirts/jerseys (sleeveless jerseys must be worn over shirt with sleeves).
- Students may wear Moore team dress sweats (must be approved by the AD).
- Students may wear Moore T-shirts, polos, or sweatshirts.
- Students may wear school club shirts.
- Students may wear middle school team shirts.
- Students may wear recognition shirts or Senior college acceptance shirts.
- Students may wear black or blue jeans only.
Coaches and sponsors may require their teams to wear dress clothing on game or event days. MTS Uniform Dress Code prohibits the following during schools hours:
- Gym bags, backpacks and purses outside of lockers.
- Caps, hats, hoods, and/or any type of headgear (Hats that are part of a career uniform, i.e., ROTC, are the only hats allowed.)
- Scarves, gloves, bandannas, sunglasses, grooming combs, hair curlers, and any gang related items.
- Coats in class (worn or carried).
- Any apparel, jewelry, accessory, or notebook that--by virtue of its color, arrangement, trademark, or any other attribute--denotes membership in a group, advocates drug/alcohol/ profanity use, or exhibits behaviors that interfere with the normal or orderly operation of school, including undershirts with visible writing.
- Hair styles displaying vulgar, indecent, or drug-related symbols.
- Drawstring, chain, rope, string, or wire substituted for a conventional belt.
- Any items that could be hazardous to students' safety, such as chains, spiked or studded bracelets, large belt buckles, studded necklaces, leashes, choker chains, or wallet chains.
- Tattered, torn, or frayed clothing of any type.
- All electronic devices must be out of sight from 7:40 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
Alternate dress-down days are determined by the principal.