My child doesn't want to leave his school, but we are moving 2 blocks away from school's border line and his principal says he can't stay. Is there anything we can do?


Will Carington, works for Noodle

User avatar for Will Carington

Unfortunately, if you will no longer be living in the school's attendance zone, there might not be a way for your son to stay enrolled in his current school. You could ask to meet with the principal to discuss your options, or reach out to the school district to see whether there's a way to apply to attend a school outside your designated attendance zone.

To find out more about school choice options where you live, take a look at our 2015 State-by-State Guide to School Choice. Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Your Answer